Here are 5 short-term goals I’ve set for myself! I wasn’t sure how short-term this should be, but this is what I came up with. Oh, and not in any particular order.
- eat – pretty self-explanatory.
- have sex – again, pretty self-explanatory
- Edit the perfect First Impressions this week – I’ve been frustrated that almost every week, there’s something wrong with the video. Usually either the sound, quality or size of the video. So, this week, no mistakes please!
- Get some residual checks in the mail! – YES! Yes, please! Get some residual checks from Fabreze, and Revenge of the Green Dragons (though, the second my not make sense yet).
- Take a poop – I feel like I’m getting a stomach ache right now.
This week’s #WeeklyWrites, we’re talking about our first paid job, and what we learned from it. I can’t really recall which paid job I had first in my life. It could’ve been the comic book store, Omni Comics and Cards, my grandma’s restaurant China Jade at a flea market, or Debbie Wong’s, a friend of the family’s Chinese restaurant, but I think it might be one of two others. I’m going to tell you about both of them. These two jobs were the beginning of my experience in the performance & service industries.
To: Carl in 2014
From: Carl 10 years in the future:
Carl! CARL! It’s Carl from the future. 10 years in the future, 2014. You’re 28 now and graduating college, 2004!! Time to get the hell out of CT! Time to wake up! Break up with Mike, fuck trying to get a real job, save that money, call um, Fran, … WAIT WAIT! CARL, we just landed a commercial directed by Martin Scorsese!! YES! We did! Sorry, I just got the call! See,.. it may take time, but you’re gonna be doing things. Let hope I can move you along and cut out the crap you don’t need. Oh, speaking of Scorsese, we also did a film he executive produced, and it’s coming out in Oct! It took us 10 years to finally get some legit work. Continue reading Letter to myself 10 years ago/10 years from now
This week I think I’m going to just post my Free-Write as nothing really came out of this week’s prompt for me that really stood out or I felt I wanted to expand on. That, and cause the deadline is NOW, ha ha. Maybe I’ll come back to this??? 😦 Fail?
This post comes out of the #WeeklyWrites prompt: Cut Throat
Here are the contributions of others:
Free-Write: Cut Throat
I came up with this week’s prompt. I think I was thinking of the movie Cut Throat Island. I don’t know why. I’ve never seen it, though I think it’s the same team that did Long Kiss Goodnight, one of my favorite films! Love it!
Is it Cut-Throat, or Cutthroat?
To get a job.
Pointing out flaws of friends, or competitors to achieve or get something.
A city in New OrleansCut in line, what is the throat
Cut the throat
Cut throat, cut throat
1. (of a competitive situation or activity) fierce and intense; involving the use of ruthless measures. Continue reading “Cut Throat” Free-Write [Weekly Writes Prompt]